Friday 29 November 2013

Visiting Pizza Hut in China


Here’s another one I am not a big fan of but Jason is, Pizza Hut. Pizza is not my favorite food (yes, I know, strange am I), and two, I think the pizza here is greasy, both of which are reasons Jason is always trying to get us to go!

Pizza Hut in China

Pizza?

Corn beverage?

We were trying to figure out dinner one night while in Chengdu. I was just too tired to think and deal with trying to figure out another menu, so I just caved right in. Crumbled without a fight, hmmm, come to think about it, neither of us had even made a suggestion yet of where/what to eat, I just said, “Ok, if you want, we can go to Pizza Hut”. Jason could not believe his ears! He wasn’t even in the mood for pizza, but knows how much I do not care for it, that he jumped at the chance. Who knows when I would agree to it!

Steak?

Rice?

This one is another surprise. Pizza Hut here is not the same as home. They are quite nice looking for one, and the locals love it - busy! We were seated and handed a menu. I’m not sure why that is so big in Asia, but a lot of the time, you only get one menu for everyone to look at. Also, as soon as they give it to you, they will often stand there and wait for you to order. Now if you’ve seen the menu at Pizza Hut in China, it’s not just a page, its pages, I need a little more time to see what is in here! Hey, look at this! It’s not just pizza! There are appetizers we are familiar with, and some we are not. You can even get escargot here! There are salads, pasta dishes, rice dishes, steaks, dessert and 2 pages of drinks! And the menu is full of pictures (which of course, are for illustration purposes only...).

Jason had to try the escargot at Pizza Hut

Prices are reasonable, the food is good, and it is a fun experience. Who knew?!

~ Christine

Eaten 23 October 2013 (and a couple other times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment