Sunday 27 April 2014

Ballooning Over Bagan, Myanmar - UPDATE


Jason and I were just talking about our Myanmar experience and the hot air balloon ride I took with my cousin, Megan when he reminded me of something I totally forgot! So off I went to search the internet to see if it happened, and yes it did!


Something that was not mentioned about our ballooning adventure in Bagan was the fact that the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) happened to be there the same day filming. There were four balloons going up that day and they were assigned to the same balloon Megan and I were in. In fact, the camerawoman and reporter ended up in the same quadrant of the basket as us!

It was a little challenging sharing the same space with them as they had a huge camera trying to get footage and interview the pilot at the same time, but in the end I guess it added to the experience because we ended up on the BBC!

I am wearing a bright blue hoodie, while Megan is wearing a dark blue hoodie with pink writing and hair in a bun (next to me). We can be seen at the following markers:
  • 0:57 (standing behind reporter)
  • 1:47 (sitting and talking to Megan, bottom right hand side of screen)
  • 2:22 (in the background talking to Megan and drinking champagne, between reporter and pilot), and
  • 2:30 (staring at the sunset, left hand side of screen)

 Click here to see the video


~ Christine

NOTE: To see our blog (with video) about the experience posted in March, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment